Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Nate McLouth is a Golden God!


Wow. Seriously, wow. Nate McLouth, bench player/spot starter/pinch runner the last 2 seasons is thriving as an everyday player for the Pirates this young season. He has at least one hit in every game thus far, leading the majors there. He's also tied for the National League lead in doubles and among the leaders in runs, RBIs and batting average. So it should come as no shock to anyone that this very night, our beloved center fielder hit a 3-run home run with two outs in the ninth against the Dodgers and their previously unscored upon closer Takashi Saito to give the Pirates a dramatic 6-4 victory. There was no television for this game where I live, but I was following along on mlb.com's gamecast (I converted, thanks Cub). One nice thing abouts mlb's gamecast is that they have video footage available pretty soon after most scoring action happens. So I got to watch McLouth's winning shot while listening to Vin Scully call it. That was fantastic. The win put the Pirates over .500. I know it's early, but I plan to get as much enjoyment as possible from the Pirate's winning record. I'll also get a little extra enjoyment tomorrow at work as the guy whose desk is next to mine just so happens to be a Dodgers fan. But I'll try not to gloat too much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

McLouth reminds me of Byrnes, except he blossomed sooner.

so, when are we getting a Pirates podcast?

GldnSt8Warrior said...

He sounds like a guy I know who plays softball.

AJ said...

A Pirates podcast? I'm intrigued. I think I could offer more insight than I could in the Warriors ones. Sorry, V.

Anonymous said...

i am down for a podcast, you know, if you're looking for someone to add a voice. i have a mic and a skype account.

Google