Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bucs win opener 12-11

It wasn't pretty, but the Pittsburgh Pirates were able to hang on and defeat the Atlanta Braves in 12 innings today. One of the team's strengths nearly cost them the game though. Of all the reasons for the Pirates to lose, I would have ranked late relief pretty far down the list. But that's moot, since they won. I know they won their first 3 last year, so I don't want to get too excited, but I'm very pleased with the team's hitting tonight. I don't expect 12 runs in a game to happen often, but I just hope they can keep the bats hot.

1 comment:

GldnSt8Warrior said...

Congrats on the win. The Dubs got their asses handed to them tonight. Playoffs are not mathematically impossible yet. But its becoming must win now.

Still rain delay for the Giants looks like.

Google