Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oops

So it looks like I still have a Pirates blog. Either I've been ignoring it or I became too despondent to write anything because of the horrid tailspin the Pirate's season look in 2008. Anyway, my reader pointed out yesterday that he does still check my blog for updates. Maybe he was just being polite, I don't know, but he inspired me somewhat. I'm going to try again this year. I have lower hopes this year though. Usually there is something minuscule that gives me a false sense of optimism. Take last year: I bought a Freddy Sanchez jersey. Yeah, that's it. My first Pirate's jersey in 17 years. But that was enough to get me a little bit excited about the team and to imagine the (in my mind) not too far-fetched occurrences that would need to transpire for the Pirate's to sneak into the playoffs. This year, I'm not feelin' it. After 16 years of disappointment, I've learned to keep my expectations low. 62 wins, here we come.

I plan to update the schedule soon and maybe even add a new poll. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good to have you back. the pirates depend on fans like you.

AJ said...

Thanks Jacob. I appreciate it. You're good people.

Google