Saturday, April 25, 2009

Meek Gets the Call

Reliever Evan Meek was recalled from AAA today to take the roster spot of Craig Hansen, who was placed on the 15-day Disabled List. I'm happy for Meek since he pitched great this Spring and only missed out on the Opening Day Roster due to illness, and a bit of a tired arm. With Jesse Chavez pitching better than expected, I wasn't sure when, or if, Meek would get called up. Hansen has neck spasms, which might be code for "We'd rather have Meek active right now." I really don't know the severity of the neck spasms, so I'm just speculating.

In other injury news, Nate McLouth is out of the lineup again tonight, with his strained oblique. I think the Bucs are just being cautious with him and he'll probably be back Monday in Milwaukee, if not tomorrow.

No comments:

Google